For the most current information about the arts and creative industries, please subscribe to our social media pages.
With up-to-date features about trending the arts and creative industries, cultural programs, issues and events, our bi-monthly newsletter reaches more than 3,900+ subscribers. Many community members tell us this is one of their go-to resources for events, calls for art and job postings.
Find the most recent issues here:
- 03/20/2018 – Join Us for MI Arts Advocacy Day, Plus More Arts & Cultural News
- 03/06/2018 – EMU Nonprofit Conference focuses on the Arts, MCACA FY19 Grant Workshop Schedule 🎨
- 02/20/2018 – State FY19 Budget Proposal Cuts $1M, Plus More Arts & Creative News
- 02/06/2018 – Early Valentine’s Greeting, Plus More Arts & Creative News
- 02/01/2018 – Special Edition: THE pARTy! 2018 is a Big Success & Revealing Our New Logos
- 01/23/2018 – The pARTy! 2018 Next Week, Get Your Tickets!
- 01/09/2018 – Get Tickets to The pARTy!, 2018 Art Guide on Stands Now, Plus More
- 01/02/2018 – Special Edition – Tamara Real Emerging Leader Award 2018 Announced
- 12/26/2017 – Happy New Year’s, 2018 Art Guide on Stands Now, Plus More
- 12/12/2017 – Announcing 2018 recipients of The Arts Alliance Medals for Arts Sciences and Humanities, Plus More
- 12/01/2017 – Special Edition – The Arts Alliance announces 2018 Medalists
- 11/28/2017 – TODAY is #GivingTuesday, Senate Restores NEA Arts Funding for FY’18! 🎨🎷
- 11/17/2017 – In Memory of Tamara Real, First Executive Director of The Arts Alliance
- 11/14/17 – Thanks to our Phenomenal Members
- 11/03/2017 – 2017 General Election Candidate Survey Results Release
- 10/31/2017 – Happy Halloween from The Arts Alliance
- 10/17/2017 –Last Chance to be Featured in Arts Guide!
- 10/03/2017 – Creative Washtenaw Votes! November Election Prep
- 09/26/2017 – FY2018 MCACA Grant Recipients Announced
- 09/12/2017 –Fall Brings a New Cultural Season Across the Area!
Do you have a fear of public speaking? Presenting on stage? In this week’s edition of WEMU’s ‘creative:impact,’ we explore performance anxiety issues with Dr. Julie Jaffee Nagel of Ann Arbor. Dr. Nagel was a Julliard-trained concert pianist with some performance fears. She now runs a therapeutic enterprise to help others address those same issues and has authored the book, “Managing Stage Fright.”
With the intrinsic value of art and creativity at its core, creative:impact features creative people, jobs and businesses through the lenses of those who, though often unseen, are the driving forces that make the greater Ann Arbor area one of Michigan’s strongest and most vibrant arts and creative industry hubs. creative:impact is an exclusive WEMU 89.1 FM feature airing weekly on Tuesdays at 7:50 a.m. and 9:50 a.m. and is co-hosted by and David Fair, WEMU Morning Edition host and Deb Polich, The Arts Alliance president/CEO.