We’re looking for MCACA Minigrant Review Panelists to review Arts Project and POD grants this summer!
To apply to be a reviewer you need to:
- Live, work or be a registered college student in Hillsdale, Livingston, Lenawee, Monroe, Jackson or Washtenaw County.
- Have access to a reliable portable computer with reliable internet service. This is required to review and score the grant proposals and be able to bring a computer to the panel review session.
- Complete and return the attached application by May 31, 2018
If selected to be a FY2019 Minigrant Review Panelist you agree to:
- Attend an informational meeting on July 18, 2018 instructing you on the guidelines, review process and expectations.
- Read the Minigrant Guidelines and use the criteria as you review and score each application.
- FY19 Arts and Cultural Project Minigrant Guidelines
- FY19 Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Guidelines
- Review all the applications in your category. You may have 20 or more applications. On average, reviewers report spending 30 minutes per application. If the pool of applicants exceeds 20, The Arts Alliance may elect to split the reviews into two groups.
- Recuse yourself from reviewing any application for which have a conflict of interest by checking the “Conflict of Interest” check box on the online review.
- Accept your assignments as primary and secondary reviewer on a number of grants. Carefully review and prepare to lead a discussion on the grants for which you are assigned as a primary or secondary reviewer.
- Complete an online score sheet for all applications in your category by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 21th.
The FY2019 Minigrant Timeline
- July 18 2018 4:00 p.m. location TBD– Minigrant panel training session
- August 3, 2018 – FY2019 Minigrant Applications are due.
- August 4 – August 22, 2018 – Panelists review all grants for their category using the online egrant system.
- In person panel review sessions:
- August 22, 2018, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Arts & Cultural Projects
- August 23, 2018, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Professional/Organizational Development