Our creative individual, business and ally members help to support The Arts Alliance’s work on behalf of the creative sector—facilitating, advocating, communicating, educating and celebrating creative individuals and organizations living, located and doing business in Washtenaw County.
Due in large part to our members, our work is helping Washtenaw County’s arts and creative industries intersect with economic development, education, environment, health, government, philanthropic, placemaking, tourism and other sectors all to impact and enhance our quality of life and place.
Still, with as much progress that has been made, WE HAVE TO DO MORE. Our mission won’t be complete as long as arts and cultural organizations remain woefully under-resourced, schools struggle to provide our students with creative education and emerging artists and creative individuals have to scrape to build their businesses.
Every individual and organization that donates more than $50 ($35 for first time individuals!) becomes a member of The Arts Alliance. To learn more visit our membership page.
- Creative Individual Members – People who self-identify as artists/creatives or who work in the creative industries.
- Creative Business Members – Arts, cultural and heritage organizations and institutions and creative businesses.
- Ally Members – Ally members are individuals or businesses who value the importance of the creative industries and support the cause to advocate for and promote the arts, culture and creativity in Washtenaw County!
Arts, sciences and humanities are the stars of The Arts Alliance’s annual signature event and benefit, THE pARTy! In addition to ticket sales, sponsorship opportunities are also available. Those interested in participating as sponsors should contact Deb Polich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE ARTS ALLIANCE MEDAL FOR ARTS, SCIENCES & HUMANITIES
Awarded annually, The Arts Alliance Medals for Arts, Sciences & Humanities honor and celebrate the extraordinary contributions and accomplishments of artists, creatives, individuals, businesses and organizations who have lived, worked and/or attended school in Washtenaw County MI (the greater Ann Arbor area). Medal recipients are celebrated for exemplary achievements in advancing the arts, sciences and humanities and increasing public awareness of the creative sector in our region. Through their actions, leadership, philanthropy and body of work, medal awardees make their mark on the creative sector, set the standard for excellence and serve as an example for others to follow.
- Lifetime Achievement Medal – Presented to an individual in recognition of a lifetime of outstanding contributions and achievements within his or her field of arts, creativity, sciences and/or humanities.
- Philanthropic Excellence Medal – presented to an individual or individuals in recognition of a phenomenal history of civic leadership and philanthropy to advance the arts, sciences and humanities.
- Outstanding Service Medal – Presented to an organization or business in recognition of outstanding civic leadership and significant contributions made in furthering the fields of the arts, sciences and humanities in Washtenaw County.
THE ARTS ALLIANCE 21ST CENTURY AWARDS
Awarded periodically to recognize those who have demonstrated – through action and accomplishment – progressive approaches to the advancement of the arts, sciences and humanities in Washtenaw County.
- Excellence in Education Award – Presented to a noted individual, school, business or organization that has made a significant contribution to the advancement of the arts, sciences and humanities education in Washtenaw County.
- The Tamara Real Emerging Leader Award – Presented to an individual or team who has demonstrated the promising potential to advance the arts, sciences and humanities in Washtenaw County for many years to come. The award is named in honor of Tamara Real who played a significant role in launching The Arts Alliance as she heightened awareness of the value of Washtenaw County’s creative sector while mentoring and championing emerging creative sector leaders.